Saturday, October 15, 2005

missed opportunity

I suppose a few K-bloggers will be attending the KOTESOL conference being held this weekend at my university (Smoo). I myself won't be there: instead, I'll be tripping down south to Kyungju with my parents, enjoying some quality time with them and with Koreans who speak in a funny accent.

I was at the Smoo office until almost 11PM this evening, grading student essays and tabulating Freshman English final grades. The conference setup was going on at a frenetic pace a few floors beneath me; the display stands looked pretty impressive, and the conference will apparently be featuring some pedagogical heavy hitters (or so I'm told; the last linguistics course I took was in the early 1990s). A couple colleagues of mine will be attending the conference, though, so I'll crib their notes at some point.

For those of you who are coming to the conference: enjoy. Sorry I won't be meeting you; maybe next time, eh?


_

No comments: