Wednesday, November 10, 2021

one effect of carnivore

As was true during the Newcastle Diet, my switch to the carnivore diet has me pooping less frequently. I'll take that as a good sign. 

And I'm curious to see how near-total carb avoidance has affected my blood-sugar levels, keeping in mind that a single week might not provide enough data to learn anything. Weight-wise, I don't feel any lighter, but maybe that's because I've been stuffing myself with meat these past few days and doing so both at lunch and at night. I'm starting to feel fuller now, though, so I might drop the evening meals in favor of OMAD (one meal a day), which is a radical style of intermittent fasting (being more 23:1 than 16:8 or 18:6).*

Am really curious as to what my Sunday-morning numbers will be. I've decided to push my Friday cheat day to Sunday afternoon and evening to give myself a chance to do six days of carnivore uninterrupted. We'll soon know whether that strategy has been paying off.

__________

*It kills me that, on carnivore, I can't reach for even keto foods like nuts, yogurt, sour cream, almond butter, strawberries, and blueberries. My SlimFast shakes are absolutely verboten. I'm not even eating my Jell-O chocolate pudding or fruit gelatin. I am taking in the occasional diet soda as well as coffee with heavy cream and sucralose (Splenda), or tea with sucralose. Anything to keep me sane. Technically, sucralose has no calories and no carbs, but the experts warn, as I've mentioned before, about the so-called cephalic reaction, in which the body perceives sweetness, even artificial sweetness, and secretes insulin in response. While insulin actually lowers blood sugar, its other main function is to facilitate the storage/retention of fat, which is another reason never to let oneself get to a point where insulin shots are necessary. The irony of medical treatments like insulin and metformin is that they ultimately aid your obesity and diabetes instead of helping you get rid of them.



No comments: