Sunday, November 07, 2021

some numbers (bad news)

I'm glad I took down some numbers today so I can establish a new baseline as I embark on the carnivore diet starting tomorrow. Alas, the numbers aren't good:

Weight: 108 kg (7-kg gain from my low point of 101)

BP: 130/90

Pulse: 76

Weight and BP are both concerning, but I'll be starting carnivore tomorrow as well as ratcheting up my stairs work to two full staircases (that's about 20 or so minutes on the stairs; I take between 10 and 11 minutes to do one staircase).

Despite my having regained 7 kilograms, my belt is holding steady, which may mean I shouldn't rely too much on my belt to gauge how I'm doing weight-wise. Fat is squishy, after all, so I could theoretically gain even more weight and not have to loosen my belt for a while yet. On the other hand, I'm wondering how much recent weight gain is water weight. Maybe things aren't as bad as they seem.

That said, I'm assuming the worst and buckling down with carnivore starting tomorrow. Today, I'm finishing the day early with a keto-friendly meal of pan-fried cabbage wraps (there might be photos if the wraps look half decent). I'll be very curious to see what a week on carnivore does for my numbers. Keep in mind, though, that this coming Friday is a cheat day, although I might move the cheat day to Sunday if I do a huge walk next Saturday. By moving the cheat day, I keep it from throwing off my numbers by diluting the effects of the carnivore diet. I'd like for my one-week results to be as "pure" as possible.



2 comments:

John Mac said...

Good luck with the new diet, it should be an interesting change of pace.

Are you currently taking blood pressure meds?

Kevin Kim said...

Yes, that's part of my suite of pills.