Tuesday, November 09, 2021

sink update

I contacted my company's HR department about my sink problem. The HR lady said she'd have a repairman sent to my place, and that she'd email me once the faucet had been replaced. Hours went by, and nothing. Late this evening, I sent the HR lady a text message asking whether the repairs had gone successfully, and she said the repairman had brought the wrong type of faucet for my sink and would come back tomorrow between 1 and 2 p.m. with the right parts. This is some rank incompetence, from where I'm sitting, but it's unsurprising. Nothing in this country ever goes straight from A to B. Not to suggest that life in the States would be problem-free, but here in Korea, people often have a knack for taking straightforward situations and making them unnecessarily difficult. All you can do is sigh and think Taoist thoughts about going with the flow.

So I might have a new faucet installed tomorrow, or there might be another fuck-up. I'll just have to wait and see. Keep those fingers and tentacles crossed.



No comments: