Friday, July 22, 2022

leaving early to pick up books

I'm off, in the next few minutes, to go pick up my 15 new copies of Think Like a Teacher, with their spanking-new back covers (now 100% less confrontational!). The print-shop lady said to get there before 8 p.m., so I'm a-skedaddlin'.

UPDATE: very frustrating. The lady told me she thought the text's top and bottom margins needed to be smaller. Well, no fucking shit. I had asked her, several months ago, whether I could get a book printed in the size I wanted, and she had said B5 was the only format close enough, and that that would require enlarging the PDF text a bit. I didn't want to do that, but I didn't feel I had much choice, and the resultant margin problem couldn't really be helped. So for her to talk about over-large margins today, after I had already made clear, months ago, that I didn't really want the B5, left me feeling as if she didn't remember our original discussion. And why is she being nitpicky now, months later?

The thing I really don't want to do is to have three different print formats: one for the e-book, one for the in-Korea B5s, and one for Amazon. Right now, I'm using the same PDF for both Amazon and Korea, and a different format (the Kindle format) for my e-book.



No comments: