Friday, July 29, 2022

ooooh, something’s happening!

The nuts are a mix of macadamias and cashews I had lying around.

Read about the history of toll-house cookies here.

Having learned from previous mistakes, I have now upped my cookie game. No suntanned cookies this time! I even used a new ice-cream scoop to make sure the cookie-dough dollops were at least roughly even-sized. Yeah, the cookies aren't perfectly circular, but as the perennial chef's joke goes, that just means they're... rustic.

I confess I ate a cookie's worth of raw cookie dough. And that was enough to throw the numbers off: this batch, none of which burned this time, yielded 29 cookies. Dammit! If only I hadn't eaten that dough! I'll be taking the majority to the office to share with my boss and coworkers (we'll see how greedy my Korean coworker gets this time), and the rest... will serve a different purpose. More on that later, maybe.

29 cookies. Let's hope there's power in prime numbers.



1 comment:

Charles said...

Homemade cookies should never be perfectly round--only factory-made cookies are perfectly round. Those look pretty dang good to me.