Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Ave, John from Daejeon!

Long-time commenter John from Daejeon sent me a link to the following video by Canuck conservative leading light Lauren Southern, in which she talks about the dark underbelly of the conservative movement and says that some of the largest figures in that movement (she names names, too: people like Tommy Robinson, Milo Yiannopoulos, and Paul Joseph Watson) really don't care about conservative principles but are more interested in popularity metrics, extent of influence, and money. It's a sad thing to witness.

This is good support for why I can never totally call myself a rightie. For the moment, I prefer a label like right-leaning centrist. Does this mean I'll stop putting up PJW videos? Probably not. The PJW videos I put up focus on leftie hypocrisy; I've never put up anything of Paul's that relates to Lauren Southern. But having now watched this video, I can say that my estimation for people like PJW and Milo Yiannopoulos has definitely fallen several notches.



No comments: