Thursday, November 10, 2022

a victory of sorts

I am a culinary genius!*

So I foisted my vegan chili on the office staff, and everyone ate it without complaint. It was only after I announced that the chili was vegan that my boss said, "Yeah, I didn't taste any meat in there," which is BS: my boss complains when something is wrong with his food, and if he'd really noticed the absence of a major ingredient, he'd have said something while he was still eating. My American coworker commented on the spiciness of the chili, which he said he didn't expect given the chili's not-so-spicy color. Aside from that, he didn't notice a thing. My Korean coworker simply said the chili tasted good.

I expressed my guilt at having foisted something vegan on the office after having promised never to do so without saying something first. Everyone was pretty forgiving. So I pressed my luck and asked whether they'd be okay with vegan spaghetti tomorrow. Everyone said yes, so with this next and last batch of faux meat, I'll be adding fennel seeds, herbs, and seasonings to make it as sausage-like as possible. Expect another report tomorrow.

__________

*I assume you recognize sarcasm.



2 comments:

  1. I think chili is probably one of the best possible vehicles for foisting vegan ingredients on people, simply because of the nature of the dish. If it tasted good, I don't think I would mind not having meat in it. In fact, if it was a suitable substitute, I might actually prefer it, given my issues with fat, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that my vegan "meat" works well for chili but not so well for spaghetti (see my most recent post on the topic).

    ReplyDelete

READ THIS BEFORE COMMENTING!

All comments are subject to approval before they are published, so they will not appear immediately. Comments should be civil, relevant, and substantive. Anonymous comments are not allowed and will be unceremoniously deleted. For more on my comments policy, please see this entry on my other blog.

AND A NEW RULE (per this post): comments critical of Trump's lying must include criticism of Biden's lying on a one-for-one basis! Failure to be balanced means your comment will not be published.