Tuesday, November 29, 2022

la chute de la culture américaine?

At one point during the discussion, people make reference to a stand-up bit by comedian Jim Breuer (who was a member of "Saturday Night Live" for several years), in which Breuer talks about how his daughter came home from college utterly brainwashed by the PC curriculum. I got curious and found the 1.5-minute bit on YouTube:

If I had kids in America today, I'd be homeschooling them and prepping them for trades. They would not go to college, not with the American educational system as fucked as it now is. If the kids want to learn loftier things than just trades, they can do so under my supervision or under the supervision of local people that I implicitly trust. Regular school? Fuck regular school. Fuck it up the ass with a splintery broomstick.

ADDENDUM: Tim Pool's video ends with Pool saying, "Homeschool your kids!"

ADDENDUM 2: I expressed the above sentiment on Instapundit, and one genius replied with, "Well, then, what are we supposed to do about doctors?" Yeah, you tell me, bud! What are we supposed to do when the newest crop of doctors is more worried about using proper pronouns and being PC than about actually practicing medicine? Should I send my kids to become doctors when med schools are just as likely as humanities schools to be ideology factories these days? I'd rather take my chances with fewer docs, thanks. Maybe that's the only way humanity is going to learn that wokeness doesn't pay: we'll need to live through a whole generation (or more) of stupid, incompetent docs before someone finally gets a clue and realizes that science isn't supposed to give a shit about wokeness.



1 comment:

John Mac said...

It is this kind of shit that almost makes me glad to be elderly. I likely won't be around to experience the full impact of this kind of ignorance.