Thursday, November 17, 2022

planning next week's Thanksgiving menu

I'm not changing much from last year's menu. The major difference is that I'll be bringing back Chef John's corn-pudding recipe. I'll also be handling the turkey a bit differently as well, and I'll have a brown gravy so I don't have to listen to my boss complain about the gravy's color. Aside from that, it'll be the BigHominid usual: turkey, gravy, ham in sweet sauce, stuffing, mashed potatoes, peas & carrots, sweet-potato casserole, corn pudding (the one truly major change; I think it was cream corn last year), and apple pie (ever since pumpkin pie didn't work out and got rejected by the crew as a Thanksgiving pie).

I'll be shopping a lot this weekend, and I'll also start the prep-cooking. Over the course of Monday to Wednesday next week, I'll be toting food over to the office to keep the load from getting too heavy when I bring over the last batch of food on Thursday morning.

Expect pictures, of course, of both the prep and the service.



No comments: