Thursday, November 03, 2022

eerie reminder

Back in 2020, I wrote a post titled "A Peek Into My Mind and Heart," about a girl I was crushing on in high school, especially during my senior year. One of the characters in "House of the Dragon" looks eerily like my crush: the actress Rachel Redford, who plays the ill-fated Lady Rhea Royce, wife of Daemon Targaryen. Daemon causes Lady Rhea's horse to rear up, throwing her off and breaking her neck, leaving her paralyzed and helpless as Daemon picks up a heavy rock and stalks toward her to finish the job (scene here).

I should note that, after looking at other pictures of Rachel Redford that I found online, I don't think Rachel looks much like my crush in those other pictures: it's only when she's dressed as Lady Rhea that she uncannily reminds me of the girl I knew and liked in 1987. And Lady Rhea's voice is nothing like my crush's voice, either; after all, Rachel Redford is Welsh, whereas my crush was a red-blooded Amurrican girl.

Still, it was weird seeing someone who so closely resembled a girl I once knew.

I will say, though, that as pretty as Ms. Redford is, my crush had bigger, more beautiful eyes.



1 comment:

READ THIS BEFORE COMMENTING!

All comments are subject to approval before they are published, so they will not appear immediately. Comments should be civil, relevant, and substantive. Anonymous comments are not allowed and will be unceremoniously deleted. For more on my comments policy, please see this entry on my other blog.

AND A NEW RULE (per this post): comments critical of Trump's lying must include criticism of Biden's lying on a one-for-one basis! Failure to be balanced means your comment will not be published.