Saturday, April 01, 2006

Liminality attacks itself!

Charles's website, Liminality, is currently under attack by a hacker Charles. The site now features a sign in l33tsp33k that reads:


j00 @r3 h4xx0r3d! ph34r m`/ 1337 sk1llz!!!!!!111one!

with love, the Mad Hacker

shout outs to my peeps: M-Dog, B-Bop, TDG, and Ma (Hi Ma!)



Rough translation: You are haxxored (hacked). Fear my elite skills. I won!

Asshole. May you eat the day-old cum of a thousand monkeys.

If you're someone with 1337 H4x0R1n' sk1llz, get in contact with Charles (who is, fortunately, armed with his own computer savvy) and strike back at this punk. I suspect the hacker is barely old enough to shave, and is just looking to fuck around with random people.





UPDATE: And then something occurred to me...

Charles! This isn't some sort of sick April Fool's joke, is it??

UPDATE 2: In the comments to this post, Joel speculates that this is an April Fool's prank, noting that the message is written too correctly to be from a real hacker. Poisson d'avril! Egg on my face. Now-- where's my monkey spunk?

UPDATE 3: Charles, who doubtless knows of my burning hatred of emoticons, gives me a "wink" emoticon in an email and tells me to "view the source."


_

3 comments:

  1. My money is on April Fool's prank. The hacker name is spliced with a literary character and the names are all capitalized and the list of names follows a colon. It was too hard for him to shake correct writing principles. A real hacker (or most Asian American teenagers or blond cheerleaders) would have alternated capitalized letters with lower case ones. (Plus his workshop is still up: http://workshop.liminality.org/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then I've likely been suckered. Damn you, Charles! Damn you to heeeeeeeeell!!

    Joel-- today ended up being Not Much of Anything. I met my buddy for lunch; we sat in a coffee shop and talked a bit, and that was it. I feel bad about canceling now, but it's a lame, wet day outside. I might-- might-- go walk up Namsan this evening: fewer people when it's an ugly day.


    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, mate! But you really did make my day with this. I was convinced that the day would go by and no one would even notice--thanks so much for playing along with my lame little joke. I'll make it up to you, I swear.

    Joel's observations were all astute, not to mention correct. I thought about trying to make it look a little more convincing, but I was so worn out after writing that leetspeak line that I said "screw it" and just wrote the rest properly.

    And if you look in the source, you'll see that I 'fessed up to the joke in a comment toward the end. Always look at the source first.

    ReplyDelete

READ THIS BEFORE COMMENTING!

All comments are subject to approval before they are published, so they will not appear immediately. Comments should be civil, relevant, and substantive. Anonymous comments are not allowed and will be unceremoniously deleted. For more on my comments policy, please see this entry on my other blog.

AND A NEW RULE (per this post): comments critical of Trump's lying must include criticism of Biden's lying on a one-for-one basis! Failure to be balanced means your comment will not be published.