Tuesday, July 05, 2022

good God—July 4th shooting in my brother's neighborhood

My brother Sean moved to the Highland Park region of Chicago (a suburb about 20 miles up the lakeshore from downtown Chicago), and I just read there was a mass shooting there during a July 4th parade. The shooter is said to be Robert "Bobby" Crimo, a white male of slight build. Some Twitterati idiots identified him as a MAGA supporter, but as evidence mounts, it's obvious he is yet another deranged leftie. This doesn't fit the narrative, which was always false, that the righties are the violent mass shooters. Rest assured: the left is the side most prone to violence. Think back to the 2020 "Summer of Love" riots.

Anyway, politics aside, my biggest concern right now is for my brother. I've sent him an email and a Kakao to see whether he's OK. It's 1 a.m. or so in Chicago as I write this, so he probably won't see my messages for a few hours. Crimo, meanwhile, is in custody.

Updates to come as we learn more. This one's personal to me.

UPDATE: Sean wrote back to say the shooting took place 12 minutes' drive from his home, and he's doing OK, along with Jeff and the dogs.



No comments: