Monday, June 19, 2023

a lot of bleeding left to do

I was a bit under the weather this morning, so I stayed home and did nothing all day. When I finally got out of bed, I looked at my foot, as I usually do, and noticed a bit more leakage in the bandage than usual. I washed my foot thoroughly, and while the toe was under the sink's tap, I did something I normally don't do: I squeezed at the wound as if it were a big zit. Sure enough, a mixture of blood and what appeared to be pus came out and got instantly washed away by the stream of water. I dried and rebandaged my wound, then a few minutes later saw dots of blood all over the floor. My wound, which had been behaving itself for so long, was bleeding much more than usual. Here's a picture of the wound after the re-bandaging:

I have two layers of bandages on my toe, and what you see above happened after only a few minutes. I'm not sure what's going on, but June is indeed turning out to be a frustrating month. Will I be healed by July? It's no longer obvious.



No comments: