Wednesday, June 21, 2023

toe update (rain edition)

How does my foot look after a long, rainy walk? The telltale ring around the bottom of the big toe could be the remains of a bloodstain. It's hard to tell. The sock was soaked thanks to my pluvial slog, and I think the principal stain got washed away.

Here's what things looked like with the sock off:

Some hints of leakage, but how much and how bad?

Below: the bandage and the wound itself:

The rain washed away a lot of the blackness from around the wound.

Concentrating exclusively on the wound now (looks kinda rough—sorry):

I altered the lighting for this final shot in an effort to focus even more on the wound.

altered the sharpness, too, and accidentally made the wound too dark

I'd used my special clippers on the callus around the wound (hence all the roughness), but I did nothing to the wound itself. There was no pus, tonight, when I squeezed the wound, and whatever fluid was draining out of it was clear. Almost as if the walk and the rain had done a job of cleaning the wound up a bit, leaving it in slightly better shape.

So that's where things stand for now. I'll take a long walk on a dry day, and we'll have a better look at what sort of seepage results from long walks. If it's not serious, I'll be tempted to say the wound has definitely healed at least 90%. If, though, the wound becomes a gusher on a dry day, then I'll stay off it to allow it to heal the rest of the way.



No comments: