Monday, June 19, 2023

now, that's a dad

Damn.

I didn't say anything on Sunday about Father's Day, given my own nonexistent relationship with my father, but I saw images of this Gary Plauché dude (the guy in the white cap) popping up all over Instapundit. A Texas jury ended up only sentencing him to 300 hours' community service, even with dead-to-rights video evidence of the murder he committed. Everyone in that jury knew how he felt and sympathized. I'm pretty sure that, if someone raped my kid repeatedly, I'd put a hole in his head, too.



3 comments:

The Maximum Leader said...

I believe he did get some prison time for manslaughter. Perhaps a year or two. I think he was released after serving a few months. Sadly, died of cancer at 69 a number of years ago. 2009/10 I think.

Kevin Kim said...

Multiple commenters on Instapundit are saying he got no prison time, but I'll check for myself.

Kevin Kim said...

Wikipedia:

Plauché was given a seven-year suspended sentence with five years' probation and 300 hours of community service and received no prison time.