Friday, June 30, 2023

surf-&-turf luncheon

Lunch was a success. It even coaxed a "delicious" out of the boss, who normally only ever grunts, "S'good." Here's the mac and cheese, heated up this time:

Here's the surf (stirred in butter, with Old Bay seasoning):

My plate, with two dipping sauces (chimichurri and garlic butter):

filet mignon, shrimp, mac and cheese, green beans with almonds

Same dish, different angle:

I really have no idea how to plate things prettily.

The all-important cross section:

perfectly done with thanks to my Instant Pot's sous-vide mode

I don't normally give you a "forkful" shot, but here you go:

Not pictured: my bread. Just type "bread" in my blog's search window, and you'll see tons of pics of it. All in all, a great and satisfying meal. My Korean coworker forgot today was our luncheon, so when I came into the office, he was already eating his wife's food (because he'd obviously forgotten to tell his wife not to make anything for him). Grrr. Still, he ate plenty, as did the boss, and I somehow managed to stop after a single plateful because everything was so filling. There's one more portion of everything left over, so I know what dinner tonight will be.



2 comments:

eastnortheast said...

Wow! Everything looked really good! Kudos

Brian

Kevin Kim said...

Thanks, Brian.