Saturday, September 21, 2024

bleh

As I peer into my narrowing future, it seems that even a small-scale celebration like yesterday's Subway run might be a mistake. I woke up today with some serious neuropathy in my feet—something in the neighborhood of a flaring, itching, burning sensation. I hadn't felt that in a while, but it's a sure sign that I need to severely limit my indulgences.

It took me a while to drag my sorry ass out of bed, then I got a call from my buddy Tom, who had called to wish me a happy First Day of Kevin Weather day (Kevin weather = cooler weather; Tom loves the heat and humidity of Korean summer and the Philippines, so we're always ragging each other about our respective preferences). Daytime temps are down today (it's late September; fall is finally on the way), so I might head out for a walk much earlier than expected. (I'm fasting today, both because Saturday is already supposed to be fasting day, and because I need to purge my system of yesterday's cursèd impurities.) After that, I have to do some evening shopping to prepare food for the coming weeks. Tomorrow, too, is a fasting day, but I'll be doing a lot of cooking then—making more keto gnocchi, boeuf bourguignon (with smoked duck instead of bacon as an experiment), pesto, sausage, and caprese. I need to buy a ton more heavy cream for some of the dishes I'll be making; my own building's grocery seems to be out, just as it's currently out of Western leafy greens like basil, cilantro, parsley, etc.

So wish me luck: I need to do penance for a lazy morning and early afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

READ THIS BEFORE COMMENTING!

All comments are subject to approval before they are published, so they will not appear immediately. Comments should be civil, relevant, and substantive. Anonymous comments are not allowed and will be unceremoniously deleted. For more on my comments policy, please see this entry on my other blog.

AND A NEW RULE (per this post): comments critical of Trump's lying must include criticism of Biden's lying on a one-for-one basis! Failure to be balanced means your comment will not be published.