Thursday, September 26, 2024

removed and reinstated

I had gotten a notice Wednesday morning or afternoon saying that Kevin's Walk 8 has been locked and taken down due to "spam" issues. Wha—?? I immediately hit the "request review" button, which is apparently my only recourse aside from taking Blogger to court. Tonight, back from a 10K walk, I saw with a mixture of satisfaction and frustration that the blog had been reinstated. What the fuck was that all about? My walk blog?

I need to get off this service and onto an unpoliced platform. Better yet, I need to learn to code so I can make my own blog software, learn how to set up the physical side of owning a website, and then terrorize the world with my own cancellation-proof, proprietary domain.

When not even my walk blogs are safe (a different post on this main blog got pulled yesterday, too), nothing feels secure. That's what the woke want to do: force us all to get a clue and make an entire new, parallel culture, complete with our own parallel facilities. It's like separate water fountains labeled "white" and "colored." Sad.



2 comments:

  1. That's scary! What if Google decides voices like Big Hominid need to be silenced? All the years of work gone on the whim of some corporate geek. What was the post that was taken down about?

    I seem to recall you were looking for a different blog host a couple of years ago and then changing your mind. None of them are perfect, that's for sure. I'm with Host Gator currently, and at least they've never attempted anything like what you are getting from Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a bunch of stupid memes. I'm putting a post back up in its place. Not the same one, but another memes post. Free speech!

    ReplyDelete

READ THIS BEFORE COMMENTING!

All comments are subject to approval before they are published, so they will not appear immediately. Comments should be civil, relevant, and substantive. Anonymous comments are not allowed and will be unceremoniously deleted. For more on my comments policy, please see this entry on my other blog.

AND A NEW RULE (per this post): comments critical of Trump's lying must include criticism of Biden's lying on a one-for-one basis! Failure to be balanced means your comment will not be published.