Tuesday, July 04, 2006

July 4th

My first day of actual class with my new students. I'll be meeting them in a little over an hour.

My brother David writes in with his assessment of Cafepress books, based on the 400-page sci-fi novel I ordered from CafePress and sent to him:

Book received. It looks OK - it's not bad, but it's not high-end either. I think it'll fit your purposes just fine, unless you're looking for hardback or something. The paper color isn't white in this book - it's more creme-colored. The binding is fine - stitched well. The cover could look better. While the colors are brilliant, it looks like everything is done in half-tone, like a newspaper photo. The text looks half-toned, too. Maybe that's the way the author did it, or maybe that's a cafepress issue. Aside from that, it doesn't look like a ghetto book. Looks legit.

What do you think? Not a ringing endorsement, but not an outright pan, either.

To all the Yanks: Happy July 4th! Viva la Revolución!

And: Happy Blogiversary to my big behind! It's been an interesting three years.


_

2 comments:

Maven said...

Kudos on the three year mark!

Three years of inspiration! Fancy that! Hard to believe it's been that long:)

Jelly said...

Happy Blogiversary!!
Did you ever think of sending out your book to any of the bigger publishing houses? Just curious.