Saturday, March 01, 2008

Happy Uprising Day!

Today, Korean insurgents everywhere celebrate the March First Movement, Korea's mighty heave against the Japanese occupation back in 1919. It's a national holiday, which means people don't have to go to work. Alas, the holiday falls on a Saturday this year, so most people already have the day off. (Not the construction workers next to my dorm, though; I hear them banging and sawing away.)

Hmmm... I wonder if my local beauty salon is open today. I go there every five weeks for a haircut; it's generally cheaper than a cut at the barbershop.

Anyway, keep the faith: put down your sushi and manga, take off your clogs and kimono, and rebel against your local Japanese! If they ask you what the hell you're going on about, start shouting, "Rodney King! Rodney King!"

(OK, I stole that joke from Sinbad.)


_

No comments: