Wednesday, January 05, 2022

huffing and puffing

Yesterday, I went easy on myself and did only a half-staircase. I plan to do only a half-staircase tomorrow as well. This is my way of getting back into the swing of things after fattening up during the final two weeks of December. It's scary how easily the body de-trains when you slack off. Health is a hamster wheel, and if you want to remain healthy, you have little choice but to continue with your healthy habits. Any departure from the discipline will result in Mother Nature's swift punishment. I don't know how much weight I regained between December 16 and January 2, but I went back up two belt sizes, which means I must have regained at least five kilos, maybe as many as ten. I won't start weighing myself until this coming Sunday, and that measurement will be my baseline as I kick off 2022. Ideally, I'd like to be back down to 101 kg by the end of January—mid-February at the latest.

The stairs were a bitch yesterday; I'm glad I didn't elect to push myself all the way to the 26th floor as I was a huffing and puffing mess. I'll push on to 26 next week: 1 full staircase on Tuesday and Thursday. The week after that, I'll move up to 1.5 staircases, and that's where I plan to maintain myself unless I get a wild hair and decide to graduate to 2.0 or 3.0 staircases at some point. Meantime, expect some numbers this coming Sunday.



No comments: