Thursday, January 06, 2022

now on GETTR

Yet another Twitter alternative has appeared: GETTR. I'm seeing both optimism and skepticism about the site over in the Instapundit comment sections, but I decided to take the leap and join. So far, it looks less ambiently toxic than Gab, but since GETTR is only just starting out, it may be too early to judge that sort of thing. I've stayed away from social media for years, but my desire to self-publish has motivated me to get back into the game. GETTR was far easier to join than Gab was (I initially needed an invite from a friend to join Gab; GETTR lets anyone join up without help), and while I haven't figured out how to edit posts, the user interface seems, overall, as user-friendly as Twitter's is. (Of course: fuck Twitter.)

As small as GETTR might be, Tulsi Gabbard just joined it, and she already has 1.2 million followers, so we can deduce that GETTR members already number in the millions.

Again, I'm on GETTR purely as a way to advertise my writing elsewhere. While I might put some short posts on it now and them, my primary reason for being on GETTR has nothing to do with tweeting. It's all about marketing.

See you there, maybe? Gettr.com. Signup is absurdly easy.



No comments: