Saturday, September 14, 2024

Happy 48, Big Boy!

My brother David is having a birthday today, September 14. I'm proud to say that I'm the one who named him. David was born in 1976, a bicentennial baby. He'll be 50 the year the country turns 250, assuming everything survives that long. (I'm sure it will, but increasingly in tatters.) As usual, he asks for no gifts. I think I gave him a walk tee as he was leaving, but I'm not positive. My memory, which was generally fine after the stroke three years ago, seems to be going wonky after the recent heart attack. A lot of the recent past feels like a blur, which is why I'm glad I blog. Someday soon, I'll be in a fog of senility/dementia, and the blog's words and images will be my solace.

But today is David's day, not a day for my self-pity. I hope he has himself a big ol' slice of cake, his favorite meal, a lick from his dog Penny, and a wonderful day.



2 comments:

  1. Ah, baby brother. I couldn't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, my two younger brothers are David and Sean, 7 and 10 years younger, respectively.

    ReplyDelete

READ THIS BEFORE COMMENTING!

All comments are subject to approval before they are published, so they will not appear immediately. Comments should be civil, relevant, and substantive. Anonymous comments are not allowed and will be unceremoniously deleted. For more on my comments policy, please see this entry on my other blog.

AND A NEW RULE (per this post): comments critical of Trump's lying must include criticism of Biden's lying on a one-for-one basis! Failure to be balanced means your comment will not be published.