Wednesday, September 11, 2024

I've got it on my Netflix queue

The Critical Drinker recommends the Korean series "Kindgom"—a TV historical horror-drama with zombies. It's on my Netflix queue, but I'm worried it'll succumb to the usual problems I find with Korean dramas, namely: the screaming and crying (overacting), the way-too-melodramatic music, and the hackneyed plot formulas. I am, however, a sucker for Korean historical dramas, which strike me as something like old, videotaped Western stage productions of Shakespeare. Charming, in other words.





2 comments:

  1. I'll be interested to hear what you think of it. I won't give any spoilers; I'll just say that I watched the first season, but something that happened in the final episode made me decide not to watch the second season. We can talk more about it once you've watched the first season all the way through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a lot in my queue, but I'll probably see it before the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete

READ THIS BEFORE COMMENTING!

All comments are subject to approval before they are published, so they will not appear immediately. Comments should be civil, relevant, and substantive. Anonymous comments are not allowed and will be unceremoniously deleted. For more on my comments policy, please see this entry on my other blog.

AND A NEW RULE (per this post): comments critical of Trump's lying must include criticism of Biden's lying on a one-for-one basis! Failure to be balanced means your comment will not be published.