Tuesday, June 21, 2005

well, sheeyot

At about 10:30 this morning-- which is to say, a few minutes before I was to leave the domicile for my dental non-appointment (the nice lady told me to just walk on in), I somehow managed to rip my right contact lens while cleaning it. The lens is over a year-and-a-half old, which might explain its deterioriation, but now I'm left half out of focus, which makes typing this entry and my emails something of a chore.

I missed my appointment and spent over an hour looking around the place for my old contact lens prescription, but have given up. Since the prescription is over 18 months old, anyway, I'll have to bite the bullet and get a damn eye test. Not an easy thing to do when you're poor. I'm hoping they'll allow me to get just one lens, but I doubt it. Testing is usually for both eyes, and the strange people in lab coats generally want you to buy a pair of lenses. Fook.

Good news, though: I got an emailed recommendation for a very good dentist from a trustworthy source, so I'll be visiting her in the near future. This won't happen right away, but in the next few weeks. Not how I wanted to work this, but money's tight, as always, and I need to wait for my mid-July payday to roll around.

More on Kevin's bodily deterioration later.


_

No comments: