Thursday, December 02, 2004

postal scrotum: more theology

The Maximum Leader writes in on the Jesus question:

Yes. Jesus did want us to suffer. In fact, in some recently discovered texts (thought lost until recently found in a crypt under a Coptic Christian church in Ethiopia) Jesus exhorted us to fully follow his example. Indeed, he said that to attain salvation we must submit ourselves, ultimately, to crucifixion.

These new texts, possibly derived from followers of St. Paul, stated rather clearly that it wasn't a figurative cross that we had to bear but a literal one.

One can understand why the Presbyterian Church, USA; the Church of England; the Lutheran Churches of Denmark, Norway, and Sweden; the Vatican, the Trilateral Commission, and Col. Saunders have tried very hard to keep this under wraps. What such news would do to the hard wood futures market and Georgia Pacific stocks is hard to imagine.

Kangmi also writes in:

Hi Kevin,

I had a couple of questions about taking up the cross.

1. What is your definition of taking up one's cross and following Jesus?

2. In addition to enjoining his followers to take up their crosses, Jesus also says, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." How does this saying fit into the picture?

Kangmi


When I'm home from work around 11PM this evening, I'll react to the letters I've received.


_

No comments: