Saturday, September 01, 2007

uh... thanks?

In a move that's still creeping me out, Dr. Hodges finds my near-doppelgänger: Ron McGehee, a plump American comedian of half-Korean, half-Irish extraction. Married to a cute blonde, I might add. The linked article talks about McGehee's Christian faith and how he integrates it into his comedy. While I'm not a proselytizer like McGehee* (given what you know of me, how could I be?), I like the way the article ended:

Ralph Waldo Emerson summed up the life of Ron and Kerri [Ron's wife, also a comedian] well: “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children ... to leave the world a better place ... To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.”

I think we can all get behind that, whatever our metaphysical persuasion.





*McGehee's form of proselytizing doesn't seem to be of the in-your-face variety. If the article is correct, he's more of the "I'll tell you, but only if you ask" type.


_

1 comment:

Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

From these photos, I think that we can glean two great lessons, one cosmological and the other theological. Alternate universes exist, thus proving the many-worlds' hypothesis, and the Big Ho's humor doesn't suffer from transworld depravity, thus proving that God can take a joke.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *