Thursday, December 20, 2007

post-erection commentary

Some good, thoughtful posts to read on the significance of the South Korean presidential election can be found at Liminality, An Other Tongue, and DPRK Studies.* My admittedly unreflective opinion: whatever makes NK unhappy is good. Unreflective, yes, but on the whole congruent with common sense.

UPDATE: And of course, there's Robert's excellent commentary, which I only just stumbled upon.





*Actually, this was written before the election, but the commentary is still valid as educated speculation.


_

2 comments:

Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Robert's blog entry over at The Marmot was excellent and expressed very well what I was vaguely mulling over.

But I see that you missed my blog entry this morning, in which I offer two very serious policy suggestions for the president-elect...

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if my partly tongue-in-cheek piece belongs with a group of "thoughtful posts on the significance of the South Korean presidential election," but I'll take what I can get. Cheers.