Sunday, August 02, 2020

the feedback I just sent Blogger

I just wrote Blogger again for the second time in several weeks:

I have tried the new Blogger format, and to be honest, I prefer the current "legacy" format. I dislike the new format enough to say, along with hundreds or maybe thousands of other users, that I plan to abandon Blogger if "new Blogger" changes are implemented and made mandatory. Major problems for me include (1) awkward behavior of the published blog post (no longer WYSIWYG) after typing in the HTML-friendly "compose" window (which now features unnecessary line-numbering), (2) inability to control the thumbnail size of photos and images that I publish in my post, (3) a now-more-awkward image-search functionality when attempting to find images to upload onto the blog. Since I publish a lot of images and embed a lot of videos, I require smooth functionality in the areas mentioned above, and all of those functions are now harder to use and to figure out. No, thanks. I would rather try my luck with a different, more user-friendly platform than be forced to adopt a clunky platform here, after years of smooth usage. Blogger's changes are utterly unnecessary, and if they're not rescinded, I'm leaving.

Customer service on Blogger also needs improvement. I had sent in some feedback a few weeks back, and I've had zero response from Blogger, despite leaving contact information, which I leave again now:

bighominid@gmail.com

Or comment at:

https://bighominid.blogspot.com
https://kevinswalk.blogspot.com
https://kevinswalk2.blogspot.com
https://kevinswalk3.blogspot.com

I doubt I'll get any response to this second attempt at contacting the Blogger gods.



2 comments:

John Mac said...

Sounds like you are saying you don't have a prayer with those Gods.

I've always been a little curious about how Blogger is monetized for Google. It is still free, right? They go to the time and expense of some convoluted "upgrade", alienating a percentage of current users in the process, to what end?

Good luck if you have to move!

Kevin Kim said...

Blogger allows users the option of using AdSense. With your blog now monetized, Google earns a cut.