Monday, August 16, 2021

26 floors on the horizon...and beyond

Ever since I added exercise to my Saturday mornings, my stair-work schedule has accelerated. I've just done a week's worth of tramping up to the 20th floor; I have three more days of that this coming week (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday), and then I ratchet up to 26 floors the following week. Already. But also, finally: a whole set of stairs! It's taken a few months to get here, but I'm here. The reason for the acceleration is that, originally, I was ratcheting up every three weeks because I was doing stair work only two days a week: Tuesdays and Thursdays. Now that I'm doing a TRS schedule, ratcheting up every six sessions means increasing the number of stairs I climb every two weeks.

Looking forward, I need to start thinking about how I'm going to handle exercise while I'm on the road from September 18 to October 14. Pullups will be a hard proposition. I've seen some people do Australian pullups while under a table, but I'm not sure I have the strength for that (and the rotator cuff still pains me). I may simply have to forgo pullup-related exercise until I'm back in my hobbit hole. And if I'm in a pension or motel with no table, I may simply have to skip Australian pullups that day. Knee pushups may be possible while I'm on the road. That'll take care of chest and triceps. Lateral raises might simply involve holding several of my pouches (or a plastic bag with a couple liters of water in it) and doing the raises one arm at a time. Core work is just leg raises, which I can do on any bed, so that's not an issue.

The future contains more and more exercise, and as I've mentioned before, I expect to lose more weight once I'm on the road. I'll be curious to see how much drops off. As I also said, I'm going to be less strict with my diet while on the road because I know how low my blood sugar goes after walking 7-9 hours a day for days on end. But I'll be back to keto once I'm back in Seoul. I probably have another checkup in December, so we'll see what the docs say then.



No comments: