Friday, August 13, 2021

apparently, we're off Monday

Along with being Catholic Assumption Day, August 15 is Liberation Day in Korea, a national holiday. The 15th falls on a Sunday this year, so the Powers That Be decided we workers can have Monday off. At first, my heart leaped... but then, I realized that next week is the final week of this damn diet, so I can't really do anything special until Friday, my cheat day marking the end of the Newcastle Diet and the beginning of the T Diet. I guess I'll use the extra time to catch up on my book project's manuscript, which is now almost assembled. 

Had I realized earlier that we had a holiday on Monday, I'd have made some sort of hiking plan, although, with it being August, it's still too hot to be hiking during the day. Maybe I could have traveled somewhere. I don't know. Anyway, long weekend ahead.

Do you have any weekend plans?



3 comments:

Charles said...

Not really. Just the usual chilling around the apartment, Skyping with the folks, maybe getting some work done.

And I imagine I'll be in the office on Monday anyway. Holidays are for the weak.

Kevin Kim said...

I'd ask, then, why you and I aren't getting together for some chow, but the answer is, Because I'm still on that diet for another week.

John Mac said...

I haven't had a weekend off for over three years now. Enjoy your freedom!