Saturday, August 21, 2021

fun's over; back to the grind

The cheat day is done, and now I embark on my new for-a-lifetime regime: the T Diet—keto plus intermittent fasting plus 24-hour fasting. Since I'm basically not eating on days with a "T" in them, Saturday will mostly be about starvation, although I will indulge in a shake in the morning. Also in the morning will be stair work and resistance training, then my 18K walk will happen in the evening from 6 p.m. to about 9:30 or 9:40 p.m. JW might come along.

I had to log something in for yesterday's indulgence on MyFitnessPal, so I created an entry called "Crap" whose unit of measurement was a "shitload." I set the calories and macros at some insane level to reflect a day's worth of indulgence, something like 3500 calories for the day, plus huge amounts of carbs and fat, with little protein. I'll enter "Crap" from now on, whenever I have a cheat day. It's simply there as a placeholder, not for any other reason.

Will be curious to see how well I take to the 24-hour fasts. I think the intermittent fasting won't be hard, given that I'd been doing something close to that for ten weeks. But going a whole day without food was something I did only this past Thursday, and it felt a bit harsh. Can I sustain this three days a week? My guess is that, because I can now eat more on the days I do eat, the 24-hour fasts shouldn't be too difficult to get through. I'll let you know, Dear Reader, how it goes once I'm through my first week of the new regime. (I also think I'll check my numbers again in a week to see how much I've recovered from the cheat day. Sunday mornings will be a good time to check after a Saturday fast.) I'm especially curious to see how going truly keto will affect my numbers.

The adventure continues. Thanks for coming along on this ride with me.



2 comments:

John Mac said...

I much prefer coming along on the ride than living it, that's for sure. I've never tried a day without eating, but even intermittent fasting was tough when I gave it a half-hearted shot. I guess once it truly does become a lifestyle it won't feel so much like a sacrifice for you. I hope so anyway.

Good luck!

Kevin Kim said...

Thanks, John.