Thursday, August 19, 2021

bad news

My coworker got gently hit by a car yesterday while biking (he had to visit an orthopede to make sure there were no broken bones; he turned out to be okay), and today, his wife has taken ill, so we won't be having our office party tomorrow; it's been delayed to next week, when I won't be able to join in. I briefly thought about just eating keto tomorrow and moving the cheat day to next week, but I can't delay my cheat day any further because that'll be too close to my September 16 appointment.  And as I've said before, I can't have two cheat days before the appointment, either, as that would probably throw my numbers way off.

So I'm moving forward with a cheat day tomorrow, and as much as it pains me, I won't be joining in with the rest of the team the following week. It's keto for Uncle Kevin. Sometimes, that's just how things work out. My coworker and I also talked about the fact that I'll be leaving on my walk from the 18th of September to the 13th of October, so I won't be able to cook any food in September (the coworker's wife and I normally alternate months). We decided that the Missus will handle this month and October, per our normal schedule, and I will cook a huge Thanksgiving meal in November that will count as two meals. (I'd cook another meal for my friends, but as I wrote before, they usually have some reason or other for not showing up. Maybe I'll just cook for JW's family.)

And that's the news. Kind of a downer, but these things happen.



2 comments:

John Mac said...

Well, that sucks. I know how much you've been looking forward to the monthly office splurge. I guess you'll have more room in your shrunken stomach for that pizza now at least.

Kevin Kim said...

Not a problem: I'll still have something for lunch, just not the meal I anticipated having.