Sunday, August 29, 2021

spam problems

A Xanax spam snuck into my comments queue sometime last night, several times, and Blogger isn't letting me delete these comments from the queue, or even just to mark them as spam. Every time I try an action, I'm given the message, "Action failed. Try again later." The Xanax spam somehow made it into my regular comments queue, bypassing moderation, but the spam isn't showing up on the blog, so it appears to be stuck in the queue. I'd love to know how the spam got through my moderation precautions, and why I can't simply delete the stuff. Hopefully, the problem will resolve itself over the next 48 hours. If not, I may have to contact Google, which is not a pleasant thought. Am I being hacked?

From your point of view, Dear Reader, nothing has changed. As far as I can tell, you can still leave comments, and I can still continue to blog. Functionally, nothing is different. But the strange presence of such spam bothers me to no end. 

If you notice anything strange, let me know.



No comments: