Monday, November 01, 2021

dry period coming up

I had my Friday cheat day, and while I did a long walk both Saturday and Sunday, I overindulged on Sunday. Also, my Sunday-morning weigh-in put me at 105 kilos (another half-kilo gain), so there's no getting around the fact that I'm moving in the wrong direction. Before things become unsalvageable, then, I have to buckle down harder. Luckily, this week, I'm back to doing 1.5 staircases (the number of staircases I'd been doing before the big walk), and I won't be having another cheat day until the 12th, i.e., another two weeks. I may also try adding jump rope into my routine; I'll talk more about that if I make it happen. Frankly, I could use some plyometric work if I'm going to be skipping out on strength training.

So—nearly two weeks of good behavior ahead of me. Later in the month, I'll have a cheat day on Thanksgiving (Thursday the 25th), and that huge load of carbs will do me for November. My next doctor's appointment at the hospital is in December, so we'll see whether I can whip myself into fighting shape by then. Any December cheat days will come after the appointment, which is on the 16th.

I made a horrible discovery: I had miscalculated the macros of my beloved keto pizza. The crust is 220 calories per slice, not 220 calories as a whole. That means the keto crust alone is 1,760 calories. The pizza as a whole is somewhere in the 3,000-calorie zone, which isn't much better than a regular Papa John's large pizza. However, the carb count is much less, at 45-55 grams of carbs per pizza, depending on what type I make (pepperoni, pepperoni and sausage, pep-sausage-mushroom, meat lover's). Papa John's all-meat extra large is 41 g of carbs per slice. So I can afford to eat half of a keto pizza a day (assuming 24-hour fasting on Tuesdays and Thursdays), and I'll be all right. But I had really wanted to be able to eat a whole pizza in a single day. Thanks to my miscalculation, I know that's not possible. I guess it's a half-pizza plus a salad for me, then! Rats.

Otherwise, it's salad and chicken breast for me today, with keto pizza (plus salad and my morning shake) rounding out the rest of this week. I've got whitefish in my freezer, so I might break that out for the following week. Buckling down.



No comments: