Wednesday, July 12, 2023

symptoms check

When I got hit with COVID, the initial symptoms came on strong: fever (and chills), sore throat, wet cough, stuffy/runny nose, aches, and lethargy. Most of those symptoms persisted through yesterday morning, except for the fever, which ended maybe a day or two after I first began to feel blah. As of right now, the sore throat seems to be going away as well, and I'm feeling more energetic today. All in all, I think I turned a corner sometime over the past 24 hours, so I guess the rest of my self-isolation is going to involve a lot of thumb-twiddling.

I used Coupang to order myself some supplies, just to make sure I don't starve (although, frankly, I could probably go a week without eating and not have to worry). Still can't taste or smell anything, so I concentrate on savoring textures and temperatures.

Partial sensory deprivation changes your world in interesting ways.



No comments:

Post a Comment

READ THIS BEFORE COMMENTING!

All comments are subject to approval before they are published, so they will not appear immediately. Comments should be civil, relevant, and substantive. Anonymous comments are not allowed and will be unceremoniously deleted. For more on my comments policy, please see this entry on my other blog.

AND A NEW RULE (per this post): comments critical of Trump's lying must include criticism of Biden's lying on a one-for-one basis! Failure to be balanced means your comment will not be published.