Sunday, November 09, 2003

or a sledgehammer... or an axe...

We're getting the van's window repaired. It was supposed to happen today, but the repair shop turned out not to have the correct size window, so the repair's been put off until Monday.

As for my shotgun wish... I'm all better now. I should probably keep a vigil outside with a sledgehammer or an axe, both of which we have, and both of which will produce a satisfying crunch upon violent contact with an intruder's skull.

I haven't fired a gun in years (last time was at my cousin's house in Texas; I was probably in junior high or high school). While I'm not against gun ownership or guns in general, I personally have no real desire to own a gun. Strangely enough, I do feel it's a good idea to know how to use a gun, should one ever plop into my hands.

Maybe I should get a wrist rocket...

Off to a Fairfax Symphony concert this evening. My brother'll be in the cello section. Sean's annoyed by the conductor, William Hudson (yes, Mike, he's still there, the irritable old fart), who, according to Sean, "doesn't know what he's doing." Ought to be an interesting evening.
_

No comments: