Monday, March 05, 2007

hateration and how we deal with it

This comment thread, over at Mike Hurt's fine blog, is a train wreck. Frankly, Mike, I don't know how you put up with that crap. I'd have all those people banned because life is too damn short to waste on useless debate with racists and raving conspiracy theorists. By the way-- if you do decide to do that podcast with your Jew-hating troll, send me an email with particulars, because I want to be there, physically, to watch and listen to this-- and to have your back if necessary if this guy gets out of hand. From one hon-hyeol to another.

(Yeah, folks, I just played the mixed-race card. Blow me.)

Meanwhile, over at the Marmot's Hole, I see that Oranckay has been charged with maintaining order in the Marmot's notorious comments section. Thank God. That place probably needs several monitors. The comments to Oranckay's post (actually an update to Robert's "new sheriff in town" post) already betray resentment at what's to come. My opinion: whiners can start their own fucking blog, then rule cyberspace however they see fit. Meanwhile they should quit bitching. Congrats, Robert, on finally doing something about that mess. And my condolences, Peter, on being made the Designated Cleaner. I don't envy you the coming shitstorm.


_

1 comment:

Maven said...

Read the majority of the comments in that thread. Scary. Pathetic. Intolerant. Irresponsible. Immature. And for the love of all things holy... shit, that KD dredged up some thing said (or allegedly, as I haven't sourced the quote elsewhere) by dear Uncle Ben, which I find in stark and intolerant contrast to Ben's Quaker roots...

OY
TO
THE
GEVALT!