Saturday, February 02, 2008

pics from the recent bazaar

Alas, none of my expat readers showed up at the bazaar this past Thursday, which goes to show just how much pull I've acquired over the course of this blog's nearly five-year existence (has it been that long already?). When the Metropolitician proposes a movie party, people jump at the chance, but I suspect my air of misanthropy (hatred of cell phones, draconian policing of comments, general grumbling about human foilbles) may have scared everyone away. Fuck it-- I never wanted to meet you assholes, anyway.

All the same, my girls still love me. Here are some pics of what was an enjoyable-- if poorly attended-- bazaar.

Here's the setup at about 1:15PM, fifteen minutes before the bazaar's official start time.



My students:







The following pics are from after the bazaar, when we were just hanging out and winding down in Room 303. The girls were using up the rest of their Polaroid film, and they were giggling about how huge I am compared to them. Then someone remarked that "Kevin's so big that we can all hide behind him," which led to what you're about to see.







The following pic was scanned from a Polaroid. The original Polaroid was barely 2.5 inches wide and maybe 1.5 inches tall. I scanned it at 1200dpi, and this is the result.



When the scanner finished scanning, the screen displayed, for whatever reason, the following hilarious high-contrast image. Look at my face:



A fun time was had by all. Not a bad way to start the Lunar New Year's break.


_

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dreamed about that chocolate bar the other night, but it was so much smaller in my dream.

Anonymous said...

Nice forced perspective shot. They all look like hobbits.

Sorry I didn't make the bazaar. Translation work and distance were the main culprits.

And if I remember correctly, you said something about a photo that made you look like a minion of Hello Kitty...