Saturday, April 10, 2021

pics from a Friday walk

I'm a day ahead in terms of my work schedule, so since I had little to do on Friday, I left early and took the long way home, strolling alongside the Yangjae Creek, which is something I haven't done in forever.  Here are pics and videos from that stroll.  I was delighted to see that the frog ponds are back, and we're smack-dab in the middle of tadpole season.  I took four videos of the tadpoles, which I've also uploaded here (the videos, not the tadpoles).


The pink cherry blossoms struck me as more stubborn than the white ones; they held on more tenaciously during the recent rain and wind:

To be clear, these white petals are not cherry blossoms:

I photographed these steps several years ago; I don't recall them being so covered in algae.  I'll have to go back and look at the old photo.  Different or not, there's still something eldritch about this tableau, though.


And now for the tadpole videos!  See how the little boogers cluster in their thousands:



I filmed this last video landscape-style to make my buddy Charles happy:




2 comments:

John Mac said...

So, you were walking with a Spring in your step. (Sorry)

Did you climb those stairs? When I see green on rocks, pavement, or steps, I know I'm likely to be in for a slip, trip, or fall...

Kevin Kim said...

Those "stairs" are actually part of a sluice structure for drainage, so they're not meant for human use. With that much algae on them, they'd be too dangerous to climb, anyway.