Tuesday, January 17, 2023

only now leaving the office (so no walk tonight)

I had to work on two PPTs and two sets of lecture notes for the CEO (the notes are to make the CEO look smart). Around 1:15 a.m., the CEO sent a flunky to my office to tell me to get a move on with half of the files I was working on. Christ, this guy is a piece of work.

And in case I didn't make this clear: I'm definitely leaving the Golden Goose. Friday is my final day, and I'll be so happy to be outta there. I still need to find out whether I have to move out of my place. A move will take me a few days since it's just me.

Off to my place, then. I was told I could have Tuesday off, but that doesn't feel reassuring at all: the only thing I'm going to do is sleep in. 

I do have this petty part of me that grins in relish at the thought of the CEO losing half of his brain trust. No more PPTs from yours truly; no more lecture notes. The CEO got a glimpse of what he could be doing, where the company could be going, and now, the clouds have closed again as I depart the scene. All he had to do was be rational, be reasonable, and not treat his underlings like chattel. Because he's failed in those basics, he has now lost a crucial employee.

Good luck and good riddance.



2 comments:

John Mac said...

Hasta la vista!

He may be the CEO, but he has zero leadership skills. Back when I was a boss, I learned early on that my success depended on the people who worked for me. I strived to pick the right person for the job, communicated the objective, then left them alone to figure out how to get us there. Worked like a charm!

Daniel said...

Bigger and brighter things ahead!