Tuesday, January 31, 2023

ululate!

Renée Walker (Annie Wersching) gets shot by a sniper. It's not going to end well for the sniper.

Good God, Annie Wersching just died. Intense, versatile, and only in her 40s, Wersching gained fame as steely-eyed Agent Walker in the series "24" before starring in other series like "Bosch" and "Timeless." She also did voice and mocap work for the video game "The Last of Us," where she played the ill-fated character Tess. The last thing I remember seeing her in was the series "Picard," which I didn't watch. I did, however, see some YouTube clips of Wersching in the role of a Borg queen, and she may have been the only good part of that show.

Wersching was apparently suffering from some sort of cancer; from what I've read, she kept the whole thing secret almost up until her passing. I guess she didn't want anyone's pity, and she didn't want to be treated as special. Whatever the case may be, I feel for her husband, actor-comic Stephen Full. The two have three kids.

I kind of had a crush on Wersching when I saw her in "24." What man wouldn't be beguiled by that face? I felt her role started strong and then turned a bit mushy as the writers didn't know what to do with her character, but she acted her heart out in the series, and from what little I saw in those "Picard" clips, she was capable of playing the Borg queen with a coldness that masked a calculating fury. I have a feeling that all of her castmates from all of the projects she was involved with are going to miss her sorely.

RIP, Annie. Flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

Wersching as the Borg queen in "Picard"

gorgeous... and I'm not even into gingers



No comments: