Friday, January 20, 2023

"Wednesday": a "Pitch Meeting" takedown

I was all set to add Netflix's "Wednesday" to my watchlist, but then I saw the following "Pitch Meeting" sketch, which pointed out some pretty fundamental story-logic problems, and all desire to watch the show left me. If you're a fan of the show, God bless you, but the satirical sketch mentions one insurmountably egregious story problem in particular that has utterly soured the show for me. If you either don't care about the problem or can struggle past it, again, God bless you. I think I'll be skipping this series.





2 comments:

John from Daejeon said...

Have you seen "Sacred Games?" First season is fantastic while the second is quite religious, especially the appeal, and corruption, of gurus.

Kevin Kim said...

I've heard of "Sacred Games," but I haven't seen it. I'll give it a sniff.

One of the films on my Amazon queue is "Kumaré," about a guy who poses as a guru to see what might happen. He then confesses his deception to see how people might react.