Friday, March 08, 2013

BOK update

My buddy Tom, who teaches at the Bank of Korea as a side job (naughty, naughty!), is keeping tabs on how my job application is doing. He reports that I probably won't know anything until the end of March, because that's when the BOK's job ad/hiring period is going to lapse. At this point, I'm assuming that, if I do nab an interview (and unlike those irrational, ass-headed putzes at Sungkyunkwan University, BOK will likely be amenable to using Skype), it'll happen sometime in early to mid-April. If I further assume that BOK falls in love with me after the interview, then I see myself possibly leaving the country by May, or perhaps by early June. Ah, yes... just in time for the harsh Korean summer.


_

1 comment:

John said...

Summer may be wet and on the warm side, although I don't think it's all that much warmer than those Virginia summer). Anyway, having "enjoyed" one of the coldest winters in recent history I can say that summer beats winter hands down. I expect to be back in August and will enjoy the superior autumn. It'd be way cool if you were there too...