Tuesday, March 05, 2013

a reply

Unlike Sungkyunkwan University, which never once replied to either of my attempts to apply for a job there (leaving me with the bitter taste of the human resource department's lack of professionalism), the Bank of Korea has already responded to my application. To wit:

Dear Kevin Kim,

Thank you for applying to the Bank of Korea. After we review your application, we will send you another email and discuss about the interview schedule.


Best Regards,

S. Choi
Economist

Despite the Konglish-y phrase "discuss about," I was happy to receive such a prompt reply. I wrote back immediately, expressing appreciation for BOK's promptness and adding that I looked forward to their next contact with me.

We'll see how it goes.


_

3 comments:

Charles said...

Let me be the first person to congratulate you about this. Hopefully there will be many good news to follow.

Kevin Kim said...

Yes, I'm hoping for many good news as well.

John said...

Cool! I will cross my fingers and several major arteries for you!