Friday, July 29, 2005

hybrid vigor

I need someone with a biology background to explain to me how a half-Japanese chick can end up with green eyes. I thought the brown-eyed phenotype was the result of dominant genes.

I saw this green-eyed cutie as I was leaving Smoo campus to meet a friend. She had one of those white, stenciled boxes you normally see being carried by folks involved with fundraisers, and she walked straight over to me-- not shy, this one. In hesitant Korean (despite the fact that she was obviously American), she explained what her fundraiser was about. Playing along, I asked her in Korean where she was from. She told me she was from the States and was half-Japanese. We reverted to English after that. She gave me a piece of candy as part of her fundraiser shtick.

Mmmmm. Cherry.

Yes, I am a dirty old man. I doubt she was even college age. Beautiful, wavy black hair. Nice lips. A great little smile.

Fuck. Where is my mind? Swimming somewhere in my sweat-soaked underwear, methinks.

Green-eyed Beauty complimented my Korean, but as Joel and Oranckay* can attest from direct exposure to my incompetence, my Korean is nothing to write home about. I accepted her compliment gracefully, though, and bowed to her as she thanked me-- again in Korean-- for my donation, and we went our separate ways.

I'm gonna get arrested one of these days, I just know it.





*I'd offer your ass a link to Oranckay, except he's still waiting on dda to to help out with his site. Hé, dda! Magne-toi, sale fils de Français!


_

No comments: