Thursday, July 07, 2005

wetness and weekend

It's pissing outside, and I'm off to Namsan in less than an hour. I'm tempted to wear my comfortable Rockport walking shoes on this hike, but they're the same shoes I wear while teaching. If I hike in the rain with those shoes and soak them, the stink will alert the Devil and his minions to my continued presence upon the face of the earth, and the last thing we want is another rumble between dark angels. So to prevent the deaths of millions, I'll wear my not-as-comfortable sneakers.

The weekend has begun: I'm off on Fridays, so I plan on catching up on sleep. I also have to visit the library tomorrow and see if they have the script I'm looking for: The Compleat Works of Wllm Shkspr (abridged). Failing that, I'm going to have to buy the book... we can only pray that it's available in a Korean bookstore. Impossible to put it on order: we can't afford to wait several weeks.

If one of my expat readers happens to have a copy of Compleat Works lying around and doesn't need it for about two months, please think about mailing it to me. I promise not to drool or shit on it. Much.


_

No comments: