Monday, March 05, 2007

Ave, Maven!

Foodblogging at its finest! The Maven's blog is always a feast for the senses. As I was scanning her site yesterday, I couldn't help noticing the following cluster of images:



The meat pic is part of a post about some shopping the Maven did in preparation for the meals she was planning to cook. Luckily, she blogged the meal prep long with the shopping.

1. Shopping post + tempting lamb balls

2. Coq au vin (masturbation optional, as the Maven notes)

She's also got a mouth-watering post on Thai food here. I have yet to see what the Korean idea of Thai food is, but one of these days I plan to hit a local Thai resto and see what's up.

The Maven's foodblog also features a cruel-but-funny post mocking the looks of Rachel Ray, who always struck me as the consummate Everywoman cook on the Food Network. By the way-- for Joker smiles, I think Cameron Diaz takes the cake.

I won't be doing it anytime soon, but eventually I'm going to have to try that coq au vin recipe. The Maven makes it look fun and easy. Thanks for the deicious blogging!


_

2 comments:

Maven said...

Please digitally explore that asshole by clicking your mouse button on it. Please, I emplore you. Somehow I doubt if you'll be disappointed.

I laugh about the juxtaposition of the sphinc vs whatever happens to be to the left of it on any given day. However, next to that meat-a-topia pic, that juxtaposition is akin to a dog's digestive tract: A straight line from mouth to pooper.

Maven said...

PS: Cooks like RayRay (now if I were really being cruel, I'd call her a ree-ree) or Giada, are purely there to attract guys. Period. Take one look at Giada. I doubt if she actually eats anything she cooks. Though not jealous of her, per se, I am envious of her metabolism. And as far as RayRay... for the amount of money involved in marketing her many endeavors, you'd think she'd come up with a few more adjectives than "DELISH!" or "YUM-OH!"