Saturday, March 06, 2021

Ave, Charles!

I'll take a moment to wish my buddy Charles a very happy 24th anniversary.  He notes that this particular anniversary signals he has now lived more years as a married man than as a singleton.  Twenty-four years of wedded bliss is nothing to sneeze at.

You see, when we got married, I was about a month-and-a-half shy of my 24th birthday. That means that this will be the first anniversary where I will have been married to HJ longer than I haven’t.

Charles also observes:

Traditionally, there isn’t even a special gift associated with the 24th anniversary (although, according to Wikipedia, the “modern” gift is “musical instruments,” for some reason).

How about buying your wife a moktak?




2 comments:

Daniel said...

Wow, just passing the twelve year mark myself. Tremendous respect for Charles!

Charles said...

Thanks, man. And thanks to Daniel as well. Although I think my wife probably deserves most of the respect!

Heh. A moktak would be an interesting gift for sure. We could sit outside of our apartment and chant at people walking by.

(I also could not help but think of Jack Bauer...)